Naruto: Crisis: Shinobi Fate

<

Wild Animal [C-Rank Mission]

Zap Fosho
Zap Fosho

Wild Animal [C-Rank Mission]

Post by Zap Fosho on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Karite walked to the gates, ready for her first mission in a long time with a teammate. She yawned as she closed her cloak and put the hood up. She was to wait by the gates for her teammate and hope they did not show up too late. While there was no time limit, the sooner this mission was over, the better. She had finally reached the gates as the sun hit its peak in the sky. She sighed as she leaned up against the gate, waiting for her partner. The guards weary of her position at the gates. The Jounin watching over her would probably keep an eye on her throughout the mission. She stopped caring, knowing that he would leave her alone if she started ranking up soon.
Momoko
Momoko

Re: Wild Animal [C-Rank Mission]

Post by Momoko on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Momoko had conflicted emotions over this mission, simply because technically- she was a beast. The beasts of this mission were bothering the stock of animals that the village used for multiple purposes. What if the day came when the village was tired of the Kijin clan and tried to deal with them how the humans would a wild beast? Sadness and fear were not the emotions that Momoko felt after the thought went through her mind. No, anger and hunger. Since her clan had been brought into the village, Momoko had taken a liking to it despite how pathetic most humans were. This was HER village, her home and hunting ground. No human, or beast would get away with free roam. To her, this beast they were supposed to hunt or chase away, was no different to Momoko than a human thief.

She arrived at the gate second, although she thought she would be first. She wore her clan's traditional clothing- pelts of other beasts that she had hunted. This one in particular was a bear pelt that had bee fashioned into a loose-fitted dress which hugged her waist but left her chest nearly exposed. This was the land of steam after all, there was no sense in getting all sweaty from the humid weather. She was a beast, not a human. She had no need for the trivial morality of humans- naked was her preferred appearance... But the Kage insisted that the Kijin clan wear some form of clothing to cover their reproductive organs. Silly humans. I wouldn't mate with the majority of you anyways. Why must you feel uncomfortable without clothes... she thought to herself, grumbling beneath her breathe even more as she approached her mission partner. With the flip of a switch, she changed her attitude and demeanor just before reaching a familiar face. This was the girl on the last mission that Momoko had stalked, interested to know more. What a pleasant surprise it had turned out to be. With that, her dark attitude had begun to slowly dissipate. Maybe there would be good in this mission yet. She would approach Karite from the entrance of the gate, with a bubbly cheerful personality and smile. "Hellloo!~ I'm Momoko! I'll be doing this mission with you, kay?" Momoko was a young aspiring singer- fairly well known in Joki and had a large fan base. If this person didn't know of her, Momoko wouldn't be offended.
Zap Fosho
Zap Fosho

Post by Zap Fosho on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:08 pm

She looked over to see the shinobi walking up to her. Karite heard the happiness in her voice and quickly sighed. Oh great...a peppy one. This will be a fun mission. She looked Momoko over, quickly trying to analyze her. "Hello, Momoko. My name is Karite. I'm glad to have you aboard." She said with a slight monotone to her voice. She looked over the scroll that the Kage had given her. "Do you know about where this farm is? I'm still learning the individual farms." She looked back to her companion.
Momoko
Momoko

Post by Momoko on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 am

She just smiled warmly at the less than warm greeting, Momoko was a cheerful pop idol. She couldn't let humans know that she secretly despised them. She entertained them so that they could entertain her! She brushed off the greeting because that was what she truly expected from this Karite kunoichi. She seemed to be so straight-laced. As Karite asked for directions of the farm, Momoko paused intentionally, acting to think hard in a ditsy manner and then wagged a finger South East. "Uh huh! The farm is a mile or so down this road. Can't miss it, there's a big farmland with fencing and such." she really did know, it was a prized hunting ground for her clan. Sometimes they were mistaken for wild beasts hunting. But that was a secret.

She would lead the way of course, walking in a cheerful and overly excited skip on the road as she walked backwards with her arms folded neatly behind her head and looked at her companion to converse and pass the time. "Karite huh? Such a pretty name!~ Do you think you're ready for hunting some beasts?" she would ask, mostly to gauge Karite's level of confidence against her ability. Momoko as acting like her common-knowledged self- an airhead. She would let Karite do most of the work on this mission. Momoko had found her own prey and she didn't want to take her eyes off of Karite. Whether the girl became friend of prey, remained to be seen.
Zap Fosho
Zap Fosho

Post by Zap Fosho on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Karite followed behind Momoko as she lead the way to the farm. She was slightly on edge from the over enthusiastic personality that was Momoko. She felt that it was too over the top. It was either fake or she was a complete airhead. She assumed it was the former. She raised her eyebrow when the she mentioned how her name was beautiful. "I am named after the act of reaping souls. You think that is beautiful? As for your question, I am unsure I will be able to do well against a beast. Against a shinobi, I can fight on fairly even ground. Against a beast that has no chakra, my skills are useless. It is why I was partnered with someone for this mission." She looked over to Momoko as they got close to the farm.
Momoko
Momoko

Post by Momoko on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 am

She kept up her smile as Karite revealed the motive behind her name. With her hands behind her head and walking backwards, she opened her eyes in mock surprise at such a morbid reason. Maybe Karite was more entertaining that Momoko had first thought. Possibly even someone that she could reveal her true self... Though it seemed too soon to say for sure. "Hmmm.. Well if souls were left to wander, don't you think that would be worse?" she left the question for Karite to ponder. Not just the morality of the question, but also the persona of the cheerful girl. Though seemingly an airhead, she had given Karite a subtle hint that there was deeper thought process and darker emotions hidden beneath the facade of a pop idol smile and happy-go-lucky attitude. As for the rest of what Karite said, it troubled Momoko somewhat. With one simple sentence, Karite had completely turned Momoko's plans upside down. It would seem that Momoko would have to take the lead on this mission. "No problem... But... What kind of skills do you have that don't work on wild beasts? Seems kind of difficult." Truthfully she wanted to say useless, but even she had to admit that a skill refined for the use against other shinobi was beautiful in its own sense. Momoko really wanted to know.

As they neared the farmland, they approached from outside the wooden fences. Momoko's sensitive nose picked up the scent of a mangy wolf. Her eyes caught the slight tracks of wolf prints in the freshly wet muddy grass. Just beyond a decent twenty meters was the fence for the cattle- and one of the fence boards on the lower rung, had been broken. Just on the other side of that fence, was a wolf stalking towards the cattle, so focused on the hunt, that it was completely unaware of the two kunoichi not so far away. In a lowered voice and a raising of her hand to prevent Karite from advancing and giving away their position, Momoko would tell her, "I'll handle the wolf. Just hang back and warn me if another one arrives." she would say in a more serious voice, devoid of the normal cheerful airhead. This was Momoko's hunting ground, not a mangy mutts. With a quick controlled dash, she would cover the full twenty meters in a little over a second, jumping the top of the fence and pouncing from above onto the wolve's back. Her right hand was outstretched, ready for a strike with her elongated fingernails.
Momoko
Momoko

Post by Momoko on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:42 am

It would seem no other beasts would arrive to intervene, neither would Karite budge from her position. She would act as sentry while Momoko took care of the beast. Having jumped and ambushed the wolf from above and behind, the beast hardly knew what hit it. One quick jab of her hand with elongated nails and she quickly ripped through the wolf's ribcage to find its heart. Stricken with sudden pain and terror, the would gave out one loud yelp before Momoko squeezed mercilessly and burst the life organ. After that one yelp, the would fell over limp with its tongue sticking out. After a couple of seconds of hovering over the corpse, Momoko would stand up right and retract her now bloody arm from the creature's carcass as she stepped back. She waved her arm to the side suddenly to yank the blood off of her arm. "The creature is taken care of. We should go back and report our good deed to the village. Though.. I think Ill take this wolf with me and make a fine pelt." she would say with a friendly smile that lacked the compliment of her bloody arm. She grabbed the wolf's corpse by a hind leg and began to drag it back towards the village whether Karite followed her or not. "This beast will make a fine piece of clothing. she would say to herself, already making plans with its beautiful hide.
-End-

Current date/time is Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:10 am